History

237
a historic town-hall of the mid-19th century
a historic town-hall of the mid-19th century

• one of the oldest towns in the Mazowsze region
• gained its civic rights in 1429
• situated by the road between Warsaw and Czersk – the old capital city of Mazovian dukes
• the traditional place of markets and fairs
• 16th century – the town’s greatest prosperity
• St. Ann’s baroque church
• a historic town-hall of the mid-19th century (see the picture on the left)
• a monumental line of the Piaseczno – Grójec Narrow-Gauge Railway